Without a Script
Relafen belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Relafen is prescribed for acute and chronic treatment of signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Relafen is prescribed to relieve pain in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Relafen works by reducing the production of prostaglandin. This results in less pain, swelling and inflammation.
Other NSAIDs include ibuprofen, indometacin, naproxen, and diclofenac.
The body produces a chemical called prostaglandin in response to injury or certain diseases such as arthritis. Prostaglandin causes swelling, pain and inflammation.
Relafen is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- If you suffer from liver or kidney problems;
- If you suffer from asthma or any other allergic disorder;
- If you suffer from a blood disorder or blood clotting problems;
- If you have ever had an allergic or unusual reaction to any other NSAID (this includes aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac and indometacin) or to any other medicine;
- If you have ever had a stomach or duodenal ulcer;
- If you have a heart condition;
- If you are taking other medicines, including those available to buy without a prescription, herbal or complementary medicines;
- If you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breast-feeding;
Do not take Relafen with any of the following drugs:
The NSAID increases the effect and toxicity of:
Relafen side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Dizziness or tiredness;
- Feeling or being sick;
- Increased sensitivity of your skin to light;
- Stomach discomfort;
Other Brand Names
In some countries may also be known as: