Without a Script
Prostaglandin achieves its goal by gradually increasing the regular amount of blood that naturally flows into the patient's penis.
Prostaglandin and the similar brand Edex are both taken by injection.
Prostaglandin can relax the muscles and the blood vessels in the patient's penis.
Prostaglandin decreases the amount of blood that would regularly flow out of the patient's penis.
Prostaglandin is a popular medicine that is widely known for its ability to cause an erection.
Prostaglandin is prescribed for palliative, not definitive, therapy to temporarily maintain the patency of the ductus arteriosus until corrective or palliative surgery is performed in neonates who have congenital heart defects and who depend upon the patent ductus for survival.
Prostaglandin is prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction due to neurogenic, vasculogenic, psychogenic, or mixed etiology.
Prostaglandin is prescribed to treat male impotence.
Prostaglandin is mainly prescribed in the treatment and in the diagnosis of some types of erectile dysfunction and impotence.
Prostaglandin might be prescribed to prevent or to treat some other medical disorders that have not been listed here.
A third brand, Muse, is taken as a small suppository inserted in the penis.
Ask your personal physician for more information.
Your doctor may use Prostaglandin to help diagnose the exact nature of your impotence.
The usual starting dosage is 1.25mcg-2.5mcg, which is then increased gradually.
Doses should not exceed 60mcg.
Your pharmacist will adjust the dosage, particularly if it produces erections lasting longer than 1 hour.
Reported Prostaglandin overdose symptoms are:
- Prolonged erection;
- Low blood pressure;
- Facial flushing;
Prostaglandin side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Upper respiratory infection;
- Testicular pain;
- Swelling of the face tongue or lips;
- Severe penile pain;
- Redness lumps swelling tenderness or curving of the erect penis;
- Redness lumps swelling curvature or tenderness of the erect penis;
- Prolonged erection;
- Penis burning or pain;
- Penis bleeding;
- Penile redness warmth or swelling;
- Penile numbness pain or itching;
- Painful and prolonged erection;
- Pain in the penis;
- Mild to moderate pain in the penis during and/or after injection;
- Injection site burning pain or swelling;
- Headache or dizziness;
- Hardened tissue in the penis;
- Flu symptoms;
- Extremely low blood pressure;
- Disorder of the penis (such as discoloration of the head strange feeling tearing of the skin);
- Difficulty in breathing;
- Closing of the throat;
- Changes in vision;
- Blood-filled swelling at the site of injection;
- Prostine VR;
- Prostin VR;
- Prostin VR Pediatric;
- Prostin Pediatrico;
- Prostaglandin E1;
- Prolisina VR;
- L-Prostaglandin E1;
- Alprostadil Prostoglandin E1;
Prostaglandin is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- If you have a bone marrow tumor (this disease is widely known under the name of multiple myeloma);
- If you have a penile curvature or deformation;
- If you have a penile implant;
- If you have leukemia;
- If you have penile fibrosis;
- If you have sickle cell anemia;
Prostaglandin is contraindicated:
- In women or children and is not for use in newborns;
- In patients with penile implants;
- In patients with anatomical deformation of the penis such as angulation cavernosal fibrosis or Peyronie's disease;
- In patients who have conditions that might predispose them to priapism such as: sickle cell anemia or trait multiple myeloma leukemia;
- In patients who have a known hypersensitivity to Prostaglandin;
- In men for whom sexual activity is inadvisable or contraindicated;
Prostaglandin is contraindicated if you have a condition that might result in long-lasting erections:
- Increased levels of white cells in your blood;
- Sickle cell anemia;
- Tumor of the bone marrow;
Prostaglandin is contraindicated if it causes an allergic reaction or if you have ever had a reaction to any prostaglandin drugs.
Prostaglandin is contraindicated for use in women, children, or men whose doctors have advised them not to have sex.
Prostaglandin is contraindicated for men with penile implants or an unusually formed penis.
Do not take Prostaglandin with any of the following drugs: