Without a Prescription
Papaverine by relaxing the muscles in the blood vessels.
Papaverine is a vasodilator.
Papaverine is also an antiarrhythmic medication that treats certain abnormal heartbeats (ventricular arrhythmias).
Papaverine is prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of male patients who are affected by erectile dysfunctions and have difficulties or are unable to attain an erection.
Papaverine is prescribed to increase blood flow throughout the body, including the heart and the brain.
Papaverine is prescribed to treat certain conditions that cause blood vessels to spasm.
Papaverine is prescribed to treat irregular heartbeats caused by decreased blood flow to the heart.
Papaverine is not prescribed in the case of other medical affections, however medical practice has shown that drugs often have other uses apart from those initially intended.
Papaverine may also help the heart beat better by increasing the blood flow to the heart.
Papaverine relaxes the blood vessels which makes it easier for blood to pass through them.
Papaverine works by blocking the abnormal electrical activity in the heart so a normal heart beat can return.
Papaverine side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue;
- Allergic reactions to the medicine;
- Bleeding or bruising at the injection site;
- Blurred/double vision;
- Dark urine;
- decreased appetite;
- diarrhea or constipation;
- Difficult ejaculation;
- Fast/irregular heartbeat;
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls;
- Itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat);
- Mild burning along the penis;
- Painful erection;
- Persistent nausea;
- Prolonged erections (of over 4 hours);
- Severe dizziness;
- stomach pain;
- Stomach/abdominal pain;
- sweating or flushing;
- The appearance of lumps in the penis;
- Trouble breathing;
- Vision changes;
- Warm/red face (flushing);
- Yellowing eyes/skin;
- yellowing or the eyes or skin;
Papaverine is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- an unusual or allergic reaction to papaverine, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives;
- heart disease or irregular heartbeats;
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant;
- if you are allergic to papaverine;
- if you have any other allergies;
- if you have certain heart problem (atrioventricular block);
- if you have certain medical conditions;
- if you have glaucoma;
- if you have irregular heartbeat;
- if you have liver problems;
- if you have parkinson's disease;
Do not take Papaverine with any of the following drugs:
- Anti-seizure drugs (carbamazepine);
- barbiturate medicines for inducing sleep or treating seizures;
- Certain antihistamines (diphenhydramine);
- Medicine for sleep or anxiety;
- medicines for anxiety or sleeping problems like diazepam or temazepam;
- Muscle relaxants;
- Narcotic pain relievers (codeine);
- prescription pain medicines;
- Psychiatric medicines;
Reported Papaverine overdose symptoms are:
- Extreme drowsiness;
- Rapid breathing;
- Very fast heartbeat;