Without a Prescription
Exemestane decreases the amount of estrogen the body makes and helps to slow or reverse the growth of these breast cancers.
Exemestane is prescribed for the treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women whose disease has progressed following tamoxifen therapy.
Exemestane is prescribed in the case of patients (woman) who need to decrease their estrogen levels.
Exemestane is prescribed to help prevent the cancer from returning.
Exemestane is prescribed to patients suffering from Breast Cancer.
Exemestane is prescribed to treat certain types of breast cancer (such as hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer) in women after menopause.
Aromatase (exemestane) is the principal enzyme that converts androgens to estrogens both in pre- and postmenopausal women.
Breast cancer cell growth may be estrogen-dependent.
Some breast cancers are made to grow faster by a natural hormone called estrogen.
Exemestane side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Abdominal pains;
- Bone fractures;
- Changes in appetite;
- Chest/jaw/left arm pain;
- Coughing up blood;
- Dark urine;
- Fluid or water retention;
- Flu-like symptoms;
- Hot flashes;
- Increased amount of sweat;
- Itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat/neck);
- Mental/mood changes (such as depression anxiety);
- Pain/swelling/warmth in the groin/calf;
- Persistent nausea/vomiting;
- Severe dizziness;
- Shortness of breath;
- Slurred speech;
- Sudden dizziness/fainting;
- Sudden shortness of breath;
- Sudden/severe headache;
- Swelling of arms/legs;
- Tingling/weakness/numbness in the arms/legs;
- Trouble breathing;
- Unusual tiredness;
- Vaginal bleeding;
- Vision changes;
- Weakness on one side of the body;
- Yellowing eyes/skin;
Exemestane is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- If you are allergic to it;
- If you have any other allergies;
- If you have bone problems (such as osteopenia, osteoporosis);
- If you have heart disease (such as chest pain, heart attack, heart failure);
- If you have high blood fats (cholesterol);
- If you have high blood pressure;
- If you have kidney problems;
- If you have liver problems;
- If you have stroke or blood clots;
- Exemestano [Inn-Spanish];
- Exemestanum [Inn-Latin];