Each tablet contains Acarbose 25
Each tablet contains Acarbose 50
Each tablet contains Acarbose 100
Without a Prescription
Acarbose is prescribed for:
- Adjunct to conventional oral hypoglycaemics;
- Certain types of hyperlipoproteinaemias;
- Dumping syndrome;
- Niddm insufficiently controlled with diet/exercise;
- Reactive hypoglycaemia;
Start PO 25-50 mg T.D., intervals (based on 1 hr PP glucose & tolerance), increase q 4-8 wk to max 50 (<60 kg wt)-100 (>60 kg) mg.
Alternatively, I-II wk: 50 mg O.D. (morning), III-IV wk; 50 mg B.D., V-VI wk: 50 mg T.D., taken with the first bite/mouthful of each main meal.
Acarbose is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- Acarbose hypersensitivity;
- Colonic ulceration;
- Diabetic ketoacidosis;
- Inflammatory bowel disease;
- Predisposition to partial intestinal obstruction;
- Significant renal dysfunction (serum creatinine >2 mg%);
- Blister of 10 tablets.